- Creating an Internal Developer Platform (IDP) for deploying and operating applications in the Cloud.
- Helping other teams to design, deploy and maintain their new applications with this self-served platform.
- Developing software that helps in automating deployment, provisioning of container / Cloud infrastructure, monitoring applications, etc..
- Defining guidelines and policies for improving the quality and security of the software products that we build, adapted to different scopes (flexible short-lived apps, robust long-lived products, etc.).
- Operating yourself big data processing chains that belong to our most critical projects.
- Reacting to operational incidents when they occur and digging into them until the root cause is fixed (office hours only 😉).
Lobelia is a pioneering company in the use of Earth Observation satellites to address the climate emergency. We develop and operate services to study the state of the Earth’s resources, and provide key data for adaptation and mitigation measures in face of the climate crisis. Lobelia’s team is composed of passionate experts in physics, earth sciences, graphic design, computer science, data visualisation, engineering and business. We apply this interdisciplinary knowledge to actual products people use and want to use. We work with trusted data providers and have a growing network of international collaborators that are as engaged as we are to drive for change. Lobelia is looking for a DevOps Engineer / Back-End Software Developer to strengthen its product team.
1. Why you should work at Lobelia
Do you love building state-of-the-art products that serve the scientific community and the society? And do you like making them scalable and reliable, so they can process huge amounts of data? Or maybe you even have a passion for Earth Observation data? You are in the right place.
In Lobelia we believe in the key importance of designing, implementing and operating data services that are performant and robust, so our users and customers can exploit the full potential of big data to fight the climate crisis.
We work in multidisciplinary teams, where a wide range of skills is needed, from data engineering to IT operations. You will have a very important role in one of these teams and your contribution will matter from day one. You will design, develop and operate cloud-native applications, applying DecSecOps and Platform Engineering practices.
2. What you will do
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong development skills; or a Back-End Software Developer with strong operations skills. Both are OK, because we believe DevOps and Platform Engineering is not just about deploying and operating other’s applications, but working in teams that take ownership of the whole software development lifecycle (design, implement, deploy and operate). You will be part of a Cloud Platform team that provides a self-served platform, guidelines and help to other teams. Your tasks will include:
3. What you will bring
- Strong back-end development skills.
- IT Operations skills.
- Data engineering skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- A master’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with DevSecOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, Automated Testing, vulnerability scanning, etc.).
- Experience with developing Cloud-native applications (containers, object storage, distributed services, disposable elements, etc.).
- Experience with Cloud providers (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with observability / monitoring systems (Elastic, Grafana, Datadog, etc.).
4. What we offer
We offer a full-time, permanent position, with a competitive salary. The location for this vacancy is in Barcelona. Our flexible working conditions do not only exist on paper. All of us take advantage of this flexibility and use it for a good work-life balance.
We offer challenging topics having a societal impact, the best gear to work on them, a stimulating and diverse working environment and an international network of trusted organisations, companies and experts we work with on a daily basis.
But above all, we offer the unique chance to work at the forefront of a social and economic movement to raise awareness on climate change and use evidence-based insights to cope with it in an effective way.
5. Tell us about you!
If you want to apply for this vacancy, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about your past, present and ideal future work. Send us your résumé or portfolio, and show us something you’ve worked on that makes you feel great. Oh, and we’re curious: show us some OSS you’ve created or how you set up your IDE.
Salary conditions will be adapted to the selected candidate. Both young and seasoned profiles are very welcome!
Thanks for your interest! We can’t wait to hear from you.