- Account Management of key customers in Spain and abroad, this includes public and private clients
- Collaborate on defining and applying innovative products and solutions according to customer and market needs
- Contributing to Lobelia’s strategic plan for city applications
- Project management of ongoing Horizon Europe, ESA, and other R&D projects
- Contribute to the writing of project proposals and concept notes
- Promoting Lobelia’s offering for sustainable cities in workshops, meetings and conferences.
Lobelia Earth is a pioneering company in the use of Earth Observation satellites to address the climate emergency. We develop and operate services to study the state of the Earth’s resources, and provide key data for adaptation and mitigation measures in face of the climate crisis.
Lobelia’s team is composed of passionate experts in physics, earth sciences, graphic design, computer science, engineering and business. We apply this interdisciplinary knowledge to actual products people use and want to use. We work with trusted data providers and have a growing network of international collaborators that are as engaged as we are to drive for change.
Lobelia is looking for an Account Manager for City Projects to strengthen its core product team and participate, among others, in our long-term goal to promote healthier and more resilient cities in a decarbonized society.
1. Why you should work at Lobelia
Satellite and ground sensor data are becoming increasingly open access and free of charge, supporting the public and private sectors in integrating systemically the human activities footprints in the urban environments. However, in practical terms, handling these large and heterogeneous data sources, combining knowledge of the physical context, climate, air quality, traffic modeling data and other derived compound impacts, present technical and scientific limitations. At Lobelia, we build on the synergies of transversal fields/disciplines to tackle these inherent challenges. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will work closely with our senior data scientists, in collaboration with our software product team, and will be advised by our atmospheric pollution and climate experts, to ensure the coordination and fitness of solutions for the engaged stakeholders.
2. What you will do
Your primary role will be to lead the development and growth of the city's applications business line. At Lobelia, this means:
2. What you will bring
- At least 5 years working experience in project or account management for public and private organisations in cities.
- Experience in applied research in urban planning, climate and environment
- Capacity to report results to all levels of audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish (writing/speaking)
- International working experience
- Experience in air quality, public health and mobility
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Working knowledge of French or willing to learn
- MSc degree
3. What we offer
We offer a full-time, permanent position, with a competitive salary. The location for this vacancy is in Barcelona.
Our flexible working conditions not only exist on paper. All of us take advantage of this flexibility and use it for a balanced working life.
We offer challenging topics having a societal impact, the best gear to work on them, a stimulating and diverse working environment and an international network of trusted companies and experts we work with on a daily basis.
But above all, we offer the unique chance to work at the forefront of a social and economic movement to raise awareness on climate change and use evidence-based insights to cope with it in an effective way.
4. Tell us about you
If you want to apply for this vacancy, send us an email at email@example.com telling us about your past, present and ideal future work. Send us your résumé, and show us something you’ve worked on that makes you feel great.
Thanks for your interest. We can’t wait to hear from you.